We want you to be happy with your Winston, but if you need to return your purchase, every Winston comes with a 30 day satisfaction guarantee or your money back. For the full return policy, please see below.
To start a return, click here.
Return & Refund Policy
Last revised: October 19, 2020
30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you have 30 calendar days from the date of delivery of the hardware device (the "Winston Privacy Filter") to request a full refund.
To qualify for a refund, all of the following conditions must be met:
1. A Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) must be requested from our customer service team within 30 days from the date of delivery. To request a RMA, please contact our customer service department at email@example.com or visit our return portal here.
2. Product(s) returned to Winston Privacy directly must have been purchased from our website, winstonprivacy.com, or through Indiegogo.
3. Customers are responsible for shipping costs of returning product(s).
4. Returned Product(s) must be in good physical condition (not physically broken or damaged) as per the sole discretion of Winston Privacy.
5. Opening of the enclosure or tampering with the internal components of the board will void the return and warranty policies.
6. If the Product(s) is returned without a RMA, Winston Privacy cannot process your refund.
7. The product(s) must be returned to Winston Privacy within 7 days after the completion of the RMA form to be considered a valid return.
8. Depending on your financial institution, the processing of your refund can take up to 14 business days to post to your account. The refund will be issued in the original form of payment in which the order was placed. If you no longer have the card you originally used to place your order, your financial institution will issue your refund in check form.
9. You will be issued an email when your return has been received and processed by Winston Privacy.
1. Shipping and handling charges are non-refundable.
2. Subscription payments are refundable as part of the 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee, given the hardware device is returned in accordance with the return policy above.
3. All subscription payments are non-refundable after the expiration of the 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee.
4. For orders after October 19, 2020 where the hardware device was included with the subscription at no additional charge, you can cancel the subscription at anytime. However, if you cancel within 13 months of the initial order date, you can either return the hardware device or pay $129 to keep the hardware device. After cancellation of your subscription, you have 30 days to return the device before the $129 is automatically charged.
5. The 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee does not apply to units purchased on Kickstarter.
6. Any Product(s) purchased from an unauthorized retailer or website (Ebay, CraigsList, etc.) will null and void the return and warranty policy.
7. Please ensure you include all components (cables, power adapters, black retail box) with your returned unit. Incomplete returns will be refunded the retail value of parts received by Winston Privacy's returns processing department.
8. You are responsible for and must prepay all shipping charges, and you shall assume all risk of loss or damage to the Product(s) while in transit.
9. Order cancellation requests are only eligible for an immediate refund when requested prior to the order being processed and require cancellation confirmation by Winston Privacy prior to processing. Cancellation requests should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Use of a mail forwarder to ship Winston to an unsupported country voids the 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee. Supported countries are listed in our shipping policy..
8. Winston Privacy reserves the right to change these terms, conditions, policies or procedures at any time without notice.